PDA

View Full Version : Panning effects

Alandalton
06-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Hi all,

If I have a mix with 20 separate tracks and I want to pan separate effects with different settings on each of these tracks, what would be the best way to do this.
I can't use the send/returns as there are only 8 of these.
Would I make a parallel channel for each one, stick an effect in it and turn the mix up to 100%.
Thanks,
Alan

Matt
06-13-2015, 07:34 PM
The Sends are the easiest way to pan effects. If effects are not on the sends then they most be on the inserts and then you could pan them for there.

Runcell
06-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes. Insert sends are definatly the easiest option especially on audio tracks/channels.. But there are other options, if they are 20 instrument channels -ie 20 dR Rex's, then you can create an fx for each one in the rack so each Rex has its own effect.. And automate the wet/dry balance for each one.. And more.

Osmose
06-14-2015, 05:58 AM
I'd remmend ding a 6:2 mixer and die an lfo source (i usually go for a malstrom) and use that as all pan modulation source at the back of the mixer.
It allow us for more control on every channel in comparison of using the inserts.

Matt
06-14-2015, 01:01 PM
I'd remmend ding a 6:2 mixer and die an lfo source (i usually go for a malstrom) and use that as all pan modulation source at the back of the mixer.
It allow us for more control on every channel in comparison of using the inserts.

That's a great idea Os... the many ways of Reason.

Alandalton
06-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll give them all a try.