PDA

View Full Version : Newb question - reason essentials

mark b
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
hello there.
Sorry to post such a basic question, but I have been unable to figure something out from watching online tutorials on youtube or groove3. I just can't seem to see the wood for the trees.
i am a fairly new mac user who bought Reason Essentials a few days ago. My query is to to do with looping in the sequencer.

I understand how to copy or duplicate a loop, but I can't seem to pull-out (extend) a loop. The obvious thing is to grab hold of the arrow/triangle either side of the clip and move that back and forth, but this leaves the extended clip with a flat line (no audio info) when I would expect a continuation of the previous wave shape/data. But I am able to time stretch samples!

a) is extending loops possible with essentials? Silly question, but you never know!
b) does a clip have to be locked/enabled before looping is possible?
c) could my pc keyboard have anything to do with this due to the differing function buttons? Cmd/Ctrl - Clutching at straws I think.

Regards - Mark

Runcell
07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi Mark..

If I'm reading your question right, when you pull out (extend) an audio clip and get a flat line it just means there is no sound after that point.

mark b
07-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Hi Runcell,
thanks for your reply. You are correct.
MarkB

Osmose
07-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Extending a loop in the manner you've mentioned isn't possible. So you just need to copy and paste them

vocoderboy
07-08-2015, 11:13 PM
cmd c cmd v then alt j

Osmose
07-09-2015, 10:22 AM
What does alt j do then?

Matt
07-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Actually if the OP has clips with flat lines then they should edit that out of the clip first and also add some fade in/out to the clip. Then either loop the clip or duplicate for length that is needed.