PDA

View Full Version : Remixing Audio in Reason

Monkeybugle
07-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Hi,

First post!

I'm relatively new to all things reason and audio remixing. I'm looking for some tips around how best to do this. Such as...

How can I isolate instruments/vocal and how can I remove them from tracks using Reason?
Are there any plug-ins to help with this and remixing in general?

Any tips/ideas/examples/demos/links would be warmly received. As you can probably tell I'm a complete novice so please be gentle with me!

Many thanks,

M

Osmose
07-21-2015, 05:49 AM
Well you can forget to try and isolate certain instruments from a single audio file. If you like to have the individual instruments, ask the artist for all the track stems for a remix purpose.

Apart from that, best thing to start with is chopping out parts that you like and build your own sounds underneath

vocoderboy
07-22-2015, 02:36 AM
to pull the vocal off a track you need the instrumental you then put the vocal+ instrumental on one mono track and the (inverted) instrumental on a second mono track you then sum these to to a third mono track and you should be left with vocal.

Osmose
07-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Ye but to get it perfect, you need to be sure the timing relative to one another is immaculate and you would need both to be from the same source i.e. an original cd for instance.
You could do with lesser files, but you'll end up having quit a messy vocal stem.
Ive tried it a few times a couple of years back, but to no avail :P

Monkeybugle
07-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Thanks all. It's something that I hear all the time on various remixes and can never figure out how to do. Back to the drawing board I guess...

Any other tips around remixing are welcome!

Osmose
07-23-2015, 10:29 PM
if you kindly ask the artist, you might be able to get the stems ;)