PDA

View Full Version : Preset faders.

sennockian
08-15-2015, 04:55 PM
This is probably too simple for me to see! When I playback using the mixer, occasionally an audio track will fly to a preset level irrespective of where I'd like it to be. I've obviously done something during the recording process. But what? And how do I undo it? I'd be so grateful to find out, as it's messing around with my mixes.

FreSchProductions
08-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Maybe you have recorded some sort of automation for that audiotrack. But that should be pretty obvious since the mixer channel is highlighted. Check the sequencer lane of that channel and look for automation curves to make sure. Another thing that happened to me in the past is that the Fader is controlled by your midi controller (in case you are using one).

Osmose
08-15-2015, 11:24 PM
You sure you aren't holding ctrl on you keyboard when clicking on a fader?

sennockian
08-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Definitely not - just the mouse. This is happening frequently, but only on a few random tracks.

sennockian
08-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Not using midi controller, though; this is audio, went in through an interface but is only happening on occasional tracks.

sennockian
08-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi, just checked out your suggestions re. automation, and you were right. I'll have to find out what I did to make it kick in, but at least I've worked out how to get rid of it. Many thanks.