MattyWoods
10-05-2015, 01:22 PM
My latest production - Zen.

Feedback welcome :)

soundcloud.com/matty-woods-7/zen

RTFX
10-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Two words: Love it!
Feedback: I am not a pro, but it sounds a little overcompressed to me.
Somewhat 'muzzled'
Anyway, keep up the good work mate.
For instance, you really nailed it on Elation imho

MattyWoods
10-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Awesome feedback thank you :)

Yeah I get what you mean, its tough I end up uploading the same track 4 or 5 times as it changes the quality quite a lot when uploading to soundcloud. I have found it is pretty much the same as when you convert a WAV to MP3 so I try that 1st.

You prob already have this but the Izotope Ozone maximiser has made a massive difference to quality of output, well worth the money.

I am at work at the mo but I have sent your soundcloud link home and will give you a follow and check out you music at home.

Thanks again :)

Evening Warmth
10-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Very nice, I love the ambiance, I do think some of the sounds are fighting for space so some EQ or even balancing out some of the tracks would make it sound even better

MattyWoods
10-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Thank you. I am improving mixing, its come a long way in a short while, I suppose with anything it is nurtured with time and practice and increasing my ears capability.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

MattyWoods
10-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Very nice, I love the ambiance, I do think some of the sounds are fighting for space so some EQ or even balancing out some of the tracks would make it sound even better

followed on s/c.

do you play the sax? If you do could you record a riff for a track if I send it over? Sax samples in NNXT sound weak.

Evening Warmth
10-08-2015, 03:48 AM
No, sorry. I play violin, guitar, bass and trumpet

MattyWoods
10-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Trumpet! Could be talking here, will credit you accordingly :)

Evening Warmth
10-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Just let me know what you want :)

Der-Axiomator
10-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Very nice. I like the Zen idea. Breaks in between would make it a little bit more varied.