PDA

View Full Version : How to get your Reason 7 Mixes louder?

PHUser
10-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Wassup Learn Reason Users.How can I get my Mixes louder in Reason 7?I'm Mixing with headphones until I can get some decent Monitors.Which I know I need.But how can I get my Mixes louder?Thing is that in Reason 7, I always hear template files from other Reason Users and their Mixes sometimes are louder.I talked to this guy at Sam Ash who's been engineering for years told me I need to fatten up my signal.By using a Limiter on the Instrument tracks and including my Drum Mix channels.Is that true?And can someone please guide me to getting my Mixes louder?Or is compression going to make my Mixes louder?Also can someone upload a Reason song file or a Good Mastering template for Clarity also for my Mixes which would make it a lot easier to Mix once I've gotten a good Mastering chain to finish with.Thank You!

Matt
10-12-2015, 02:20 PM
I suggest you watch my two series on How The Mixer Works and How To Mix. They have helped out 1000's and there is no words that will be better then putting in a little time to learn the fundamentals. Plus as you watch the tutorials I will answer any questions you have. By the way Welcome!

Learn the mixer series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prdhQOOayfU&list=PLAB78vtCXAbyb_EFk7w8zDhPsLC42CeMY)

Learn how to mix series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMYbTcUILvM&list=PLAB78vtCXAbwlyCYYP33XOMmdtwm-mhKU)

Osmose
10-12-2015, 06:05 PM
I suggest learning all tricks of the trade in terms of mixing and mastering. Getting a good mix is essential and not something that you can manage if you dont now what your are doing.

Offcourse, slapping on a limiter on you mix or high transient channels can work, but that might get you lots of artifacts and issues you probably dont want and arent gonna make your tracks sound bettet then a "quiter" version.

Matt has some good tutorial series on the subject, def. worth checking out.
Also i recommend checking out the videos from The Recording Revolution.com

RTFX
10-14-2015, 08:43 AM

I suggest learning all tricks of the trade in terms of mixing and mastering. Getting a good mix is essential and not something that you can manage if you dont now what your are doing.

Offcourse, slapping on a limiter on you mix or high transient channels can work, but that might get you lots of artifacts and issues you probably dont want and arent gonna make your tracks sound bettet then a "quiter" version.

Matt has some good tutorial series on the subject, def. worth checking out.
Also i recommend checking out the videos from The Recording Revolution.com

What do you mean by RTFX, I mean artifacts:p, Os?