PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather not mix?

Matt
06-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Writing a song, playing the instruments can be tough enough now you have to mix the song, do you find this as fun as playing and writing?

Maksem
06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
It's all fun most of the time. I'd say it's mood dependent however. Sometimes I just wanna write but my head will be stuck in mixing mode, or conversely I wanna mix something from a while back and then I get 'idea diarrhea'. Goin' with the flow seems to eliminate bad days :cool:.

Osmose
06-02-2016, 08:01 PM
I tend to do alot of sound design when in the production phase, in the end the mix seems to gel together really wel lately, so getting a proper final mix isnt a big of a headache as it used to be for me.
But that said, mixing can be fun i gues.. It depends on how i feel. Sometimes writing isnt working so i go and try new mixing techniques

ARTL
06-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Writing a song, playing the instruments can be tough enough now you have to mix the song, do you find this as fun as playing and writing?

I used to dread the mixing process. However, now that I learned what I need to do after watching the SSL videos created by Matt, I get excited because I can hear and SEE the fruits of my labor. As long as I am learning and getting results, I love ALL aspects of music production.

ARTL