PDA

View Full Version : Beta Test Reason 9.5, VST's in Reason 9.5

Matt
04-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Sign up for Reason 9.5 beta testing now to help make Reason 9.5 welcome in VST's!

Click to sign up for beta testing. (https://www.propellerheads.se/betatest/sign-up/)

babygarfiguer
05-07-2017, 09:55 PM
I just bought Reason 9 last night and I signed up for the beta testing.

Any info on how long it takes for a reply back?

Matt
05-08-2017, 01:37 PM
They will send you an email asking you to help with beta testing, it can be any amount of days.

babygarfiguer
05-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Hey I finally got Reason 9.5!

Just got it about 2-3 days ago and now I have some time to play with it and make some good noise.

But, I can't figure out how to use VST's. I went to preference and added my vst folders. But, I cant figure out how to set them up in tracks. I even went to youtube but there's no quick tutorial on how to.

Can you help me out?

brandtkalk
05-27-2017, 09:07 AM
so happy with latency compensation . great to use some of my favorite vst in my prefered Daw , but no side chain anywhere . I hope that will be quicly updated. Mucho respect for propellerhead

Mark7ones
05-31-2017, 01:53 PM
This VST support is still really beta.

- 70% of plugins is not recognized
- no load/save function for patches
- I tried to load some plugins in MiniHost VST but it doesn't load 32-bit plugins
- I removed the 64-bit MiniHost from plugins folder, hoping Reason would load 32-bit version and same result
- I tried to put in connection MiniHost standalone with Reason through loopMIDI and no way...

I need some help. :)

Matt
05-31-2017, 03:26 PM
This VST support is still really beta.

- 70% of plugins is not recognized
- no load/save function for patches
- I tried to load some plugins in MiniHost VST but it doesn't load 32-bit plugins
- I removed the 64-bit MiniHost from plugins folder, hoping Reason would load 32-bit version and same result
- I tried to put in connection MiniHost standalone with Reason through loopMIDI and no way...

I need some help. :)

You do not need mini host? Also the VST's that work have to be VST 2.4-compliant.

Mark7ones
05-31-2017, 04:32 PM
You do not need mini host? Also the VST's that work have to be VST 2.4-compliant.
Well, Reason has loaded only 17 of the 143 VSTi I have in Reaper!
That's why I need MiniHost; but there are problems with MiniHost too as I said.
The plugins are all VST2 or VST3.
Right now Reason is my favorite choice, but I need some plugins.

Mark7ones
06-01-2017, 08:44 AM
God bless my Saffire PRO 40!
It has a Loop Back feature - that I didn't see :) - that let me routing the standalone VST audio signal directly in a Reason Audio Track.
No second card needed, no useless apps, no ridiculous setup...