PDA

View Full Version : Official pictures of your Studio Thread

Matt
01-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Ok lets see your Studio!

Osmose
01-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Nothing fancy though :p

EDIT: I noticed the picture is rather small (but clickable). Is that a choice yoou made, or just how it works?
My 2 cents is that it would make more sense if (when the image is large enough) the image would fill the entire post width?

Dan Topic
01-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Here's my setup. Nothing expensive but I'm very satisfied with it. 1 year ago a had nothing :)
In the future I plan to get an audio recorder (Tascam DR-05), better sound card (Novation audio hub 2x4) and later also an electric guitar (Ibanez RGA 72TQMZ TGB).

Skettalee
02-08-2015, 09:36 AM
my setup is changing everyday and I look forward to new tools to add to my list of everyday usage tools that I have been getting great at. Not sure how to send photos from the iPhone but I will do that once I'm on a PC!

reasonjav
02-17-2015, 04:41 PM
My setup :)

Matt
02-18-2015, 02:59 PM
My setup :)

http://www.reasonforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82&stc=1

Nice, so you are using a Trigger Finger with Reason how well does that work?

Matt
02-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Nothing fancy though :p
http://www.reasonforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49&stc=1

EDIT: I noticed the picture is rather small (but clickable). Is that a choice yoou made, or just how it works?
My 2 cents is that it would make more sense if (when the image is large enough) the image would fill the entire post width?

When you embed a photo there is a check box that allows you to have the photo referenced locally which displays a smaller pic that can be clicked to open it up to see it bigger. If you uncheck this the picture will be is full size. I have it this way so things load faster and pictures that are to big do not distort the forum width. I can change this?

Osmose
02-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Aah ok. I'll keep it in mind ;)
But, there is probably a plugin that'll make the images responsive by default (setting width and height in percentages in stead of pixels) and allows images up into a set file size.

Matt
02-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Aah ok. I'll keep it in mind ;)
But, there is probably a plugin that'll make the images responsive by default (setting width and height in percentages in stead of pixels) and allows images up into a set file size.

The images are responsive as you can see. Its all about loading faster and everyone still has a choice. I will make a post about this in the Help forum so people understand.

Osmose
02-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Aah ye didn't notice.. My bad!
But the "reference locally" only works when using a url link to a image, not when you upload one?

reasonjav
02-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Nice, so you are using a Trigger Finger with Reason how well does that work?

Works great. I usually have it locked to a kong with the sliders and knobs controlling effects on the desk etc. Has to run from a powered usb hub. :)

Adm (USA)
06-16-2015, 11:47 AM
some cool set ups people

Mac72
09-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Not sure wether these pics will be visible or not...attaching them seems like hard work...anyway...
this is what I'm using, Axiom Air 25, Novation MiniNova, Roland TR8 / TB3, M Audio Quad, KRK 5s and a gaggle of Volcas..
Fed up with plugging and unplugging everything in decided to get a 12 channel mixer / interface which Reason was struggling with and didn't seem to recognise the individual channels so went with the Quad. Now use the mixer to jam with the Volcas and if I come across something I like I record them through the mixer via the Quad as individual audio tracks, which is fine, and saves me messing about with jacks etc. got me eye on some Waldorf modular stuff next, like a few strings so the Streichfett and Pulse 2 first things on the list, then maybe a Blofeld, who knows....!??

Mac72
09-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Mm mm, upside down..interesting....

Osmose
09-08-2015, 10:19 PM
looks really playfull!

Matt
09-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Not sure wether these pics will be visible or not...attaching them seems like hard work...anyway...
this is what I'm using, Axiom Air 25, Novation MiniNova, Roland TR8 / TB3, M Audio Quad, KRK 5s and a gaggle of Volcas..
Fed up with plugging and unplugging everything in decided to get a 12 channel mixer / interface which Reason was struggling with and didn't seem to recognise the individual channels so went with the Quad. Now use the mixer to jam with the Volcas and if I come across something I like I record them through the mixer via the Quad as individual audio tracks, which is fine, and saves me messing about with jacks etc. got me eye on some Waldorf modular stuff next, like a few strings so the Streichfett and Pulse 2 first things on the list, then maybe a Blofeld, who knows....!??

It looks good but could you edit it and please put the photos right side up so we can look at it the right way and get the full amazement, I can edit it for you if you want, PM me to give me permission to do it.

Mac72
09-09-2015, 05:54 AM
Thanks Osmose, I was thinking of incorporating a sandpit, but realised I didn't have a bucket and spade anyway so seemed pointless....:p

Osmose
09-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Hahaha, don't forget about the palm trees and a girl in bikini poster!

Evening Warmth
09-09-2015, 07:07 PM
162 it's not much but it gets the job done

Osmose
09-09-2015, 08:04 PM
thats is pretty minimal indeed. But, you only need what you want to need.. If that makes any sense.. haha

Mac72
09-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Very philosophical Osmose...I'm impressed...:)

Osmose
09-10-2015, 04:39 PM
haha

i was kinda reflecting on my own journey towards out of the box equipment versus Graham's minimal philosophy from Recording Revolution

Kinda contruary...

Mac72
09-10-2015, 07:52 PM
I get ya. I love Reason because I can use it, I struggled with Ableton and Cubase to the point I was tearing my hair out, then I thort, this SHOULD be fun, not hard work, I do that all day. Within 10 mins, literally, I had recorded a basic audio track within Reason. BUT! I also love hardware...I am a tech junkie, wether it be synths, drum machines, iPads, phones or whatever. I love plugging them in and "noodling" and I love exploring them! For me, there's an argument for having both in a DAW / home studio!

Matt
09-11-2015, 12:23 AM
162 it's not much but it gets the job done

Nice! May ask what controller you use or any instruments if any?

Osmose
09-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Yea I am with ye! I've dimpled with Sybase as well, mainly for vocals but found it to be uninspiring.
And I love my hardware as well, got myself a patchbays yesterday which paves the road for more gear. So easy to hook stuff l.p. now, and it's fun! Looking forward to experiment and creating new audio samples.
Been looking at a lexicon mx400 by the way. I may be able to pick it up for 100,-. Only gotta ask myself permission cause I planned to not buy anything more this month.... it starting to get addictive... haha

Mac72
09-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Go on...treat yourself! You deserve it...you've worked hard for it!!M:rolleyes:

Osmose
09-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Yea, your right. . Haha

Aasmund
09-20-2015, 08:37 PM

Here goes mine :)

Osmose
09-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Love all the wood on the walls man, nice and warm.
But arent you worried about the acoustics when mixing?

Aasmund
09-21-2015, 01:43 AM
I mostly use headset, so thats really not a problem :) But yes, I sometimes checking the track before I upload it on Soundcload.

Osmose
09-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Aah ok, i reference my headphones a lot as well, mostly for the bas and stereo field though