composing and producing with Reason

Hi everyone.

I mainly compose on piano and use reason for songwriting and producing. I also enjoy creating soundtracks intended for film.

I always struggle to master my tracks, and end up over-analyzing every headphone and speaker volume EQ difference.I tend to just feel inferior and give up, so any advice /tips or links would help.

I recently got inspired by 80's movie soundtracks and the use of over dramatic use of melody in synth as a main feature. Below is the result., 17 minutes in total. I composed mainly with every poly synth I could find on my korg. Let me know what you guys think... or if I am breaking speakers

https://soundcloud.com/andreass-1/sets/nucleus

Welcome! I suggest you watch the Learn How To Mix series they have a ton of useful knowledge in them.

Thread Information