Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reason and Other DAWs (Rewire)

I think it would be extremely helpful to have a rewire section where users can get help with various rewire issues with Reason and other DAWs.

I was thinking about rewiring but i dont know whats the popular DAW to rewire with Reason without having the same thing twice. You know i would never rewire with Fruity Loops because Reason does everything and more that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by redmanmasonji View Post
    I was thinking about rewiring but i dont know whats the popular DAW to rewire with Reason without having the same thing twice. You know i would never rewire with Fruity Loops because Reason does everything and more that it does.

It's not about the most popular DAW or having the same thing Twice. We all have individual taste for how we like to do things. I use Reason and Pro Tools, both separately and together depending on what I'm working on. Both are great DAWs on their own. But together, they make a more POWERFUL combination.

how do you rewire fl and reason???

to be fair i don't think RE-wireing is a large enough topic to require a sub forum
    if you need help with it post in help needed part of the forum or in "the lounge"

Quote Originally Posted by vocoderboy View Post
    to be fair i don't think RE-wireing is a large enough topic to require a sub forum
    if you need help with it post in help needed part of the forum or in "the lounge"

To me REwire is a significant topic. Yes; I could have asked my question in another part of the forum. But I thought it would help if there was a more specific place to go. Besides REwire is one of Reasons most prominent features. So to me, it would seem only right for it to have it's own category or topic link because they're are many DAWs that support that feature. By having it's on topic link makes it easier for everyone to ask and find answers to their various REwire questions in regards to the DAW they are trying to REwire Reason with. Just another tool, if you will, for getting directly to the information you want without having to search extensively to no avail.

I agree vocoderboy but i was just putting my two cents in.

me too, it's horrible having having too much change in pockets.

It's done and it works with the theme Information, easy to find.

Thanks you guys for bringing it up.

Indeed, rewire is one of the core features actually. Reason started off being just a rack simulation, later it grew out to be a daw on it's own. That's why it took them so long to have proper daw features like audio recording. I'd love to see more detailed options in audio editing so I get that people like to eat the cakes from two directions.
    That's probably why the majority doesn't see reason as that much of a serious "professional" daw.

Don't get me wrong though, I am a reason purist and will always remain so but I am realistic as well.

I just hope they will add in more options that do lack in comparison to other daws.

Thread Information