Thread: VST and AU

VST and AU

OK... we know that Reason (aside from using ReWire or local software MIDI / routing) is 'locked in' and you can't use VST/AU plugins.

However, I think someone should develop a new reason instrument called VST-Dock...

It could have very basic level and pan controls in the Rack, and have the VST open in it's own window.

I achieve this already using the Reason MIDI utility and a software 'jack' program, but it would just be neater as an official Rack Extension as this way is a bit messy!

Propellerhead shouldn't worry about losing sales of rack extensions due to people using VSTs.They'll easily make up for that in increased sales, as people who always moaned about lack of VST support come on board, and in some cases come back on board.

In terms of 'crashing' problems, that's the risk you take using a 3rd party VST - so make sure it's on a separate 'thread' and if it bombs out, just dump the thread... Reason keeps on trucking. And just clearly state that using 3rd party VSTs is at your own risk.

I don't see this as being mutually exclusive to the Reason Rack...

That would be nice! Good idea. Have you contacted PH support with this?

Atually is dont see Proppelorhead ever allowing such an RE cause it wil go against their policy. They portrai themselfs as different from the rest and wil remain to do so as it their buisness model. I dont wanna come over as being negative though! But dont get your hopes up. Several people have stated that an likewise re would prove really functional, but it just wont happen.

It sucks for the people who have to buy the RE counterpart of an vst they already have off course. But seeing vst are rather unstable propellorheads wants their own version of such a concept hence RE's was born.
    The thing that still is an issue with RE development is the IDT(? or what ever its called) from what i heard, it is kinda outdated and alot of devlopers are relucktant to do RE development at the current time due to the fact that is to time consuming and thus there isnt enought profit to be made.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

I'm torn, I don't like the applesque way of propietary our way or the hiway, but I do love how everything is rock solid in Reason with rack extensions. I'm for the RE socket with a caveat like "use vst's at your own risk"

i'm not fussed about vsts i truly believe in K.I.S.S.

Thread Information