Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

linerar phase eq

hello every body
    may be somebody know how to creat a system for make an eq in linear phase mode?
    I notice also some RE have latency and are made for parrallel processing.
    that creat phase.
    to remedy to that I'm using VMG-01 Sample Delay ( https://shop.propellerheads.se/produ...-sample-delay/ )
    but in many cases the phase is variable. then I don't know how to do.
    somebody can help?
    peace
    Mr Brandtkalk

When ever I do parallel processing like when using the stereo imagers as band splitters, I always make sure I've got an identical chain on all bands. If you don't use one or more of them, still slap them in but at settings that won't do ****, don't bypass!
    All instruments in reason have latency and there is not a magical solution that you can slap right in to solve it. There's just to many variables.

I believe they are looking into the possibility to cancel it out (create a buffer) but that would require more cup power due to the calculation of latency sums on all you're chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    When ever I do parallel processing like when using the stereo imagers as band splitters, I always make sure I've got an identical chain on all bands. If you don't use one or more of them, still slap them in but at settings that won't do ****, don't bypass!
    All instruments in reason have latency and there is not a magical solution that you can slap right in to solve it. There's just to many variables.

I believe they are looking into the possibility to cancel it out (create a buffer) but that would require more cup power due to the calculation of latency sums on all you're chains.

thank you for your advice

No problem

Hello I have an other question
    do you know if there is phase problems with a no linear eq on a mono sound?

can you phrase the question differently ?

yes I will try
    by treating a mono sound with a non linear phase EQ ( classic equalizer). this happens it phase effect.
    I ask this question to find out if this is the principle that generates stereo phase issues or if it's simply a latency problem.

are you using the eq as a send efx and which eq are you using Mclass?

I tried some differents eq like Mclass but also with all other RE eq
    I'm using a lot synapse GQ7, it's really precise and easy to use.
    I use it for spliting in multiband parallel and apply diferent effect in each bands.
    but some time there is a litle bit phase effect. and it's not my goal (hum)
    I also use a lot classic channel from softube,
    In a tutorial I learned this kind of eq is usually use as parallel process.
    I used vmg -01 sample delay to know exactly the latence and all the softube RE have 4 samples delay at 16bit /44.1khrtz
    then each time I work with them I put 4 samples delay on all other tracks.
    but sometime they still this litle phase effect.
    Mr Ozmose is right to avoid this the best way is to use the identical chain in each splits. but sometime it's not enought
    Then I would like to try to make a module in reason to make a linear phase systeme
    that sould be really usefull for many applications in multiband and parralel processing.
    May be it's not possible . I'm thinking about but I'm not engineer and I don't know how to do.
    may somebody know how to do?
    note : General latency is not important in my goal because it's just for mastering , not for live.
    Last edited by brandtkalk; 05-16-2015 at 02:13 AM.

I think it would be to.much of a hassle since proppelorheads haven't really designed a latency compensation themselfs.
    If you do really have an identical chain on your main channel/ bus in regards to your parallel one, then there should be latency, unless you have the devices bypassed.

I shouldn't put delay on all the other tracks since that is completely unnecessary. Only do so on identical signals like parallel channels.
    4 samples of delay isn't much, so putting that extra delay on a guitar track for example cause you have done parallel processing on the drums is overdoing. No one will notice that tiny bit of delay if you ask me.

Thread Information