Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yes sorry for my bad english.
    when I said I put a delay on all other track for this exemple , it's on all other parallel splited band, and often I creat a buss with only one delay for all. And I dont forget to do that also for the return fx. But It's too loud for my cpu to put in each band a suite of softube RE for exemple.
    certainly not I don't ear 4samples latency between diferent instruments.
    But I anderstand what you mean and you are totaly right.
    for this kind of situation may be that should be interesting to ask to Normen Hansen to update his vmg-01 for this RE be enable to detect latency variations not only static latency.
    anyway thx so much Mister Osmoz for your lighting and your help.

No worries m8, hope you can sort it out! But what kind of hardware are you running in your computer then?

Otherwise, bounce you're channels prior to mixing so your cup can just read the stems in stead of calculating all the midi and corresponding sound design stuff.

Can save you loads of cpu usage!

you are right again
    I always trying to go to the limit of my hardware
    - CPU :Intel Core i7 4500U @ 1.80GHz
    Technologie Haswell ULT 22nm
    -RAM : 8,00 Go Canal-Double DDR3 @ 798 MHz
    -MC : Dell Inc. 07PF9F (CPU Socket - U3E1)
    - SC: tascam us 1200 and M-audio fast track pro
    this last times I'm searching to creat a reason template for mastering in multi anything.
    the last try was to split the stereo file to be masterised in 32 bands with the red rock RE 60 real time spectrum analyzer and subgrouping all the 32 band in 5 Buss (Bass, medium bass, medium , medium high and high frequencies) then applies on each buss an M/S processing with wave shaping or/and parallel gates, eq and compression.
    I tried also to creat a dynamic eq with the RQ 131 and also with the synapse GQ-7 and with this one it's really nice to work because you can see graphicly how it work and then make finest config.

by trying extreme I know the possibilities with sobriety...

Quote Originally Posted by brandtkalk View Post
    you are right again
    I always trying to go to the limit of my hardware
    - CPU :Intel Core i7 4500U @ 1.80GHz
    Technologie Haswell ULT 22nm
    -RAM : 8,00 Go Canal-Double DDR3 @ 798 MHz
    -MC : Dell Inc. 07PF9F (CPU Socket - U3E1)
    - SC: tascam us 1200 and M-audio fast track pro
    this last times I'm searching to creat a reason template for mastering in multi anything.
    the last try was to split the stereo file to be masterised in 32 bands with the red rock RE 60 real time spectrum analyzer and subgrouping all the 32 band in 5 Buss (Bass, medium bass, medium , medium high and high frequencies) then applies on each buss an M/S processing with wave shaping or/and parallel gates, eq and compression.
    I tried also to creat a dynamic eq with the RQ 131 and also with the synapse GQ-7 and with this one it's really nice to work because you can see graphicly how it work and then make finest config.

by trying extreme I know the possibilities with sobriety...

Looking at your hardware stats an upgrade to 16gb ram seems the only thing IMHO that would help PC hardware wise.

I run an i7 as well with 8 gigs of ram. Don't think I ever maxed out my ram.
    But I'd recommend saving up for a later model i7. I believe mine runs at 3.8 or 4.2 and I absolutely adore it. Of course I do max it out occasionally, but only when I'm nearing the end of a project.

But isn't 32 bands a bit overkill? Ok it's cool trying different stuff out, but a 32 bands setup by means of a template sounds overkill

Guys I updated the "Mixing" forum title and moved this thread over there. I want to do my best to keep things neat if you know what I mean.

thx Matt
    next month I hope...
    yes but I'm in love with the reason tool.
    Sometime my girlfriend is jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    But I'd recommend saving up for a later model i7. I believe mine runs at 3.8 or 4.2 and I absolutely adore it. Of course I do max it out occasionally, but only when I'm nearing the end of a project.

But isn't 32 bands a bit overkill? Ok it's cool trying different stuff out, but a 32 bands setup by means of a template sounds overkill
    I agree that 8gb Ram for the most part should serve you well but I have found that some RE's will use up a lot of Ram be it Instruments or effects. One way to remedy this is to render midi to audio and effected audio also.

As for 32 bands of EQ I have never needed it and really don't see why the EQ in the SSL would not serve well. I am not sure what bandtkalk is trying to do maybe he can elaborate a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post

yes I have to admit 32bands is too much. but interesting to work on
    the main mixer become a big equalizer with all possiblity on each band.
    I confess I put plugin only on the five buss.
    but I would like to try to work with the ssl's comp and gate directly on the individual band.
    just to see what we can get out
    Last edited by brandtkalk; 05-17-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandtkalk View Post
    yes I have to admit 32bands is too much. but interesting to work on
    the main mixer become a big equalizer with all possiblity on each band.
    I confess I put plugin only on the five buss.
    but I would likte to try to work with the ssl's comp and gate directly on the individual band.
    just to see what we can get out

You can do a hell of a lot with the SSL's EQ/Gates what is it you would like to try?

Thread Information