Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    it has to be the audio out creating both a gate cv and pitch cv

thanks @vocoderboy, going to give it a try soon, as I've just got home

Had a quick play about this morning (didn't get a chance last night) and I did sort of get it working but I need to spend more time trying to perfect it, as it's a bit noisy especially with the synth attack at zero. THiS how I did it - I created an octoRex in place of a real guitar a Thor to convert the audio to cv/gate and a Malstrom to be our new guitar sound.

I plugged Rex (playing a guitar loop) L&R out to Thor audio in 1&2

Then plugged Thor's cv out 1 to Malstrom's seq control GATE - and cv out 2 to Malstrom's seq control CV

Then using Thor's matrix set first source to Audio In1 - amount to 50 - scale to MIDINote and amount to 31. (Some experimentation scope here with MIDINote/LastNote and amount)

With Thor's matrix again set the second Source to AudioIn2 - amount to 50 - Scale was set to LastGate and amount (worked best at) zero !

Now when the Rex plays you should be getting something sounding from the Malstrom.!! Maybe not quite what you expect but it's a quick experiment. And in all honesty, I not too sure it can be done now ! But let's try.. Maybe one of you can take this further and perfect it..

Also try different Malstrom sounds, try different amounts on Thor's matrix.. Lots of scope for experimenting.
    Last edited by Runcell; 06-28-2015 at 11:22 AM.

box it up in combi please.

Mm, im gonna give a go at this as well. Might find something really interessting to work with. Maybe i'll do so this evening
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Couldn't get it working either..

In theory it shouldn't work.. Because cv/gate operates at +/- 5 volts.. And audio at 0dBV (consumer equipment) is 1 volt. But this is a virtual floating point world.

I feel it's possible for a developer to create a unit capable of taking an audio input and converting it to cv/gate info.!

Ye it would be a nice Re indeed!

But indeed, it should work in theory... I was just thinking, maybe it will work when converting audio to unipolar, but i guess cv works in biploar as well?

I'll give it another go with just some clean oscilator signals like a slow sine wave

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    But indeed, it should work in theory...
    No, sorry Osmose.. In theory it should not work

Because, playing your guitar at 0vu will be equal to 1volt.. Control voltage requires the voltage to be 10volts - for example 1volt = C1 - 2volts = C2 etc..

Therefore the voltage produced in audio electronics (0dBV=1volt) is a tenth of what is required for accurate CV (pitch). That is in the real world but anyway hope that make sense.

- GATE is like trigger note (analogs note on/off).

Edit- The polarity switch will turn a +/- 5volt line (bipolar) into +10volt single line. Both still operate with 10volts.
    Last edited by Runcell; 07-07-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Extra info on polarity

mm, some food for thought then.

My guessing is that its probably emulated in Reason, since they tend to like doing so.

Thread Information