Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Would love if you would post some sort of a review/ your experience.

Think i need to do the update to 8.3 as well, since they're putting alot of effort into it. Wanted to wait till v9 at first.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Hello Osmose
    Great as always to hear from you!
    Well...early morning I downloaded Reason v8.3 Beta test and......I confirmed my suspicions. There are bugs in the program itself and not my controller..
    1. Being specific about editing notes...
    While working on a newly created song and using DrRex/NN-XT or any device for this matter, I program/play a few bars and then I open the edit window of any device and try to correct notes by placing the mouse pointer on the note and try to move it but the note gets deleted. Another issue that arose is that by trying to move a note the pencil tool shows up and writes in notes on its own. This issue is drastically more apparent while trying to edit notes in the A-List Acoustic Guitarrist and A-List Electric Guitarrist refills(which I'm trying as a demo for now).
    2. On M-Audio Keystation Pro88...
    My controller responded well while I browse any instrument device's sound patches and did not change any settings. Problem solved!.
    2. Other little bug issues I found that are important to me...
    a) Once I get done with recording I need to concentrate in mixing and while I'm in the mixer section sometimes I have the need to rename a track channel and have the sequencer change it as well but this doesn't happen. So I have to go to the sequencer lane and change the name there also. It may seem like a nuance on my behalf but when you're dealing with 20 tracks on up, this issue can get to your nerves.
    b) As I recall I have never been able to scroll vertically with my mouse scroll wheel while trying to quickly browse for a particular patch in an instrument/other device. This would help me greatly while trying to meet deadlines which I'm normally subject to. I do appreciate having the new browser feature.
    In not wanting to be unfair in giving this testing a thorough check out......I had to stop the Beta testing for I am pressed on time. But have downloaded Reason 8.1 as you suggested and in a few minutes will be trying it out.
    Just to add an ending note...I have been in contact with propellerhead and they are closely following and responding to my case. I'll keep everyone posted!.
    Thank you again Osmose!

No worries m8 Glad i could be of help.

The track naming isn't a bug i believe. I faced it as well, but notice whne you change the name in i believe the sequencer, the name overall changes (seq, rack, and mixer) all together. Of you change it in the rack or mixer, it doesn't. I thought i was programmed that way, wich doesnt make a whole lot sence to me, but maybe there are people out there that like different names in the rack -> seq -> mixer comparison.

Hi Osmose

You're right. At times I too have the need to rename a mixer track without having it reflect in the secuencer.

Just thought there was a problem with this/or that it was not considered.
    By the way.....I just post it a Thread that reads "Just a Thank You note" for you to read.
    I'm sure I should'nt have does this. But didn't know how to send a private message to you, Matt or Runcell.
    Thanks a million. Will keep you posted

Ye ive read it, glad we could be of help!

OK. I'll be posting soon on Propellerheads resolving my issues....

Thread Information