Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

M-AUDIO Keystation Pro88 misbehaving in Reason 8.2

Hello everyone!
    I recently upgraded from Reason 6.5x to Reason 8.2 and are having trouble with my M-Audio midi controller.
    My controller sends all sorts of midi commands and changes my settings on any device I'm working on/or choose to work with.
    I never had this problem before while working in other Reason versions.
    I have tried resetting the controller to factory presets many times with no luck.
    I use the keyboard just to trigger notes or play piano/strings. I use no midi configuration whatsoever.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?.
    Your input will be most appreciated !
    Thank You

Does Reason see it in Preferences/Control Surfaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Does Reason see it in Preferences/Control Surfaces?
    Hello Matt
    Thank You for your reply.
    Reason does see my controller in the preferences window and responds to my piano playing/triggering sounds.
    The problem is that while working on a device and picking an specific sound, it changes all the parameters I set.

Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Hello Matt
    Thank You for your reply.
    Reason does see my controller in the preferences window and responds to my piano playing/triggering sounds.
    The problem is that while working on a device and picking an specific sound, it changes all the parameters I set.
    What is your Master Key Input set to (Standard) or (Separate) ?

My keyboard is set to "Standard" under the Control Surfaces - Preferences window

Give Separated a try and if that does not work it also might be a bug or the firmware for you controller might have an update you could install?

Hi Matt
    While waiting for your response....I did try the "Separate" setting. Same behavior as "Standard".
    In past few days I searched the net for answers to my keyboard issue and found many answers of users of the same controller manufacturer suggesting to reset the keyboard. Which I did with no positive solution. Opinions were varied but all agree on one thing....if resetting didn't work, then some other issue is at hand for the controller needs no firmware updating or updated drivers. It's a Plug & Play device.

I'd try reinstalling the drivers, do a system clean up (check registry for faults with ccleaner <- te make sure there isn't anything left in regards to the driver). Reboot the machine and install the drivers again.
    If nothing sorts it out, m-audio should provide a driver update fixing the issue.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Ok well I guess the best thing is to download the 8.3 beta and give it a try and then use the the email they give to report any issues. And also what Os recommended.

Hi again Osmose.
    Thank You so much for your suggestions...!
    I had an almost complete computer overhaul just about a month ago. I did thisso I could keep working with Reason 8.2x .
    I upgraded from Windows XP Professional 32bit to, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. It has the latest drivers, including RME Fireface400 interface and only has installed the software that I normally use to write and record music with, and CCleaner of course. That's it!.
    The computer runs very fast with no problems whatsoever. Up until now.
    Fortunately for me, I have a neighbor who is a computer engineer and he was the one who took care of the PC overhaul.
    So following your suggestion....I will have the guy check the PC and and put it through some tests.
    Thanks again for your help!.

Thread Information