Reason 8.3, and R8 in general; what are your thoughts?

Seeing that R8.3 is free up for open beta testing, i decided to have a look as well.
    The thing i was curious about the most was the updated RV7000.

Gotta say the new RV7000 sounds really good actually, something i needed :P

But apart from the fact i had a bit of fun just messing around and quickly build a new sketch, i just couldn't get used to the new UI...
    All that white is just, well... To white... I'd rather have a darkish grey color, cause that'll be less "in your face" and will leave you more focussed on the parts that actually matter, like youre devices or note lanes..

Im on 2 17" (or 19") monitors, but i felt like having the browser in the corner of my was annoying and taking up to much space. I know, you can click the icon to make it disappear, but i found that rather annoying.. Unless there is a keyboard shortcut that'll minimze it, im afraid it will continue to be of a hindrance (spelled corectly??) and i wont get used to it.

When browsing trough patches, i found that you still have to double click the left mouse button to preview the patch (same as in 8.0) I thought they changed that?

I kinda had a mixed experience, and wasn't excited as i thought i would be.
    I was planning to wait and see what they will do with R9, but seeing how they are aproaching R8 (doing all the updating and expanding) i think that might take a pretty long while.

I might need to do some more working in R8, see if i can get used to it and how my experience will be when jumping back to R7 after the beta.

But, what are your thoughts/ experiences in regards of R8/ R8.3?
    I know, R8 in general has been heavily discussed already, but the 8.3 update might bring some new light into this..
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

I went from V4 to V8, so I'm still like a kid in a candy store. Add to that the rack extensions and you can pretty much say that Propellerheads have done the impossible and improved on perfection.

I'm not too bothered if they slightly change the ui, or change how the browser works because the core of it is still the same only slightly better.

All that really matters to me is stability. I don't want to have a broken Reason that can't be used due to some bug.. Which brings me to this auto update thing, which i hope can be turned off.

I can imagine going from 4 to 8 being a big update indeed.. Damn! haha

But did you check preferences for the auto opdate thingy then?

I think im gonna upgrade as well by the way. Seeing that they'll probably stick to the new ui, i might just start getting used to it.
    I do remember going from 3-4 or 4-5 were they changed the ui (slightly) as well, but that sorta made sense.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    But did you check preferences for the auto opdate thingy then?
    No. I'm on V8.1 still. I think/thought I read somewhere that 8.3 has an auto update feature.

8.2 has auto update.
    6.5 here

as mr Runcell I updated from 4 to 7. After stopping during 4 years to make music.
    My work was too cronophage. And I was so happy with all this news changes.
    Certainly there il a lot off new update to do for make reason more efficient like differents daw. But I have to say Reason still unique in its genre. Reason is more a mega modular instrument then a daw. And its creative possiblilities still vertiginews.

Thread Information