Seeing that R8.3 is free up for open beta testing, i decided to have a look as well.
The thing i was curious about the most was the updated RV7000.

Gotta say the new RV7000 sounds really good actually, something i needed :P

But apart from the fact i had a bit of fun just messing around and quickly build a new sketch, i just couldn't get used to the new UI...
All that white is just, well... To white... I'd rather have a darkish grey color, cause that'll be less "in your face" and will leave you more focussed on the parts that actually matter, like youre devices or note lanes..

Im on 2 17" (or 19") monitors, but i felt like having the browser in the corner of my was annoying and taking up to much space. I know, you can click the icon to make it disappear, but i found that rather annoying.. Unless there is a keyboard shortcut that'll minimze it, im afraid it will continue to be of a hindrance (spelled corectly??) and i wont get used to it.

When browsing trough patches, i found that you still have to double click the left mouse button to preview the patch (same as in 8.0) I thought they changed that?

I kinda had a mixed experience, and wasn't excited as i thought i would be.
I was planning to wait and see what they will do with R9, but seeing how they are aproaching R8 (doing all the updating and expanding) i think that might take a pretty long while.

I might need to do some more working in R8, see if i can get used to it and how my experience will be when jumping back to R7 after the beta.

But, what are your thoughts/ experiences in regards of R8/ R8.3?
I know, R8 in general has been heavily discussed already, but the 8.3 update might bring some new light into this..