Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thx to you and to mr Hydlide

latency

Quote Originally Posted by FreSchProductions View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    I wonder if Rack Extensions cause latency when being used. Especially because there are some free ones that would improve my workflow like the Polymodular Audio Merger/Splitter by blamesoft.
    At the moment i am using the Spider audio Merger/Splitter because it works just fine and i am more confident using it concerning latency.
    Do Rack Extensions automatically cause latency? Or maybe just some of them?
    Thanks for reading
    FreSchProductions
    Hi one big offender to latency is Neptune, even if you bounce this to another track the latency is apparent, if you zoom in on the original track and place the bounced just below you will see the bounced track is delayed compared to the original, so i always slide the bounced track back and line it up with original track. there is a sample delay measuring RE called VMG 01 sample delay,
    it would be nice if it gave the measurement in track clip position rather than in samples, then you could adjust the track and slide the clip back accordingly.

Ye that would be nice. But i believe you can simply calculate the amount of the delay in ms according to the sample rate your using.

By the way, i think there is a topic on this forum were virtually every device has his latency listed. I just cant find it.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    Ye that would be nice. But i believe you can simply calculate the amount of the delay in ms according to the sample rate your using.

By the way, i think there is a topic on this forum were virtually every device has his latency listed. I just cant find it.
    http://www.reasonexperts.com/reason-...torial+site%29

Thread Information