Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, mostly I need 1 bar resolution for shifting whole blocks of samples/midis, but sometimes 1/2, 1/4 or even 1/8. Then in audio/midi editing mode I often need 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 and 1 bar when copying whole patterns.
    Still a lot of moving of mouse from where I work to that damn drop down menu, clicking to unfold it, move down to select and one more click to set. Then back to where I work, shift a note and then back again to the dropdown menu and go through all this sh*t to set it back. This is horrible waste of time and it bothers me really. Don't you think it could be much more simple? I use it very often and must run miles with the mouse because of it

I would prefer something like Ctrl + 1 for 1 bar, Ctrl + 2 for 1/2, Ctrl + 4 for 1/4, Ctrl + 8 for 1/8 etc. For 1/8T it could be Ctrl + 9 for example. And for 1/16, let's say Ctrl + Shift + 8. Easy to remember, logical and easy to switch among.
    Wouldn't be bad at all to have the possibility to define own hot keys like some other programs allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Topic View Post
    Well, mostly I need 1 bar resolution for shifting whole blocks of samples/midis, but sometimes 1/2, 1/4 or even 1/8. Then in audio/midi editing mode I often need 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 and 1 bar when copying whole patterns.
    Still a lot of moving of mouse from where I work to that damn drop down menu, clicking to unfold it, move down to select and one more click to set. Then back to where I work, shift a note and then back again to the dropdown menu and go through all this sh*t to set it back. This is horrible waste of time and it bothers me really. Don't you think it could be much more simple? I use it very often and must run miles with the mouse because of it

I would prefer something like Ctrl + 1 for 1 bar, Ctrl + 2 for 1/2, Ctrl + 4 for 1/4, Ctrl + 8 for 1/8 etc. For 1/8T it could be Ctrl + 9 for example. And for 1/16, let's say Ctrl + Shift + 8. Easy to remember, logical and easy to switch among.
    Wouldn't be bad at all to have the possibility to define own hot keys like some other programs allow.
    interesting idea anyway

Sorry Dan, I know exactly what you mean now.. The snap quantise value. In Cubase I assigned a keyboard short cut for this function. I'll look into Reason tonight to see if it can be done there too.

Humm sorry me too
    Idon't think reason can be changed with customs shorts cuts. the idea is great to suggest it to propellerhead for the next update

Well, why not. I think I send them a link to this discussion, with some description, of course. Here they can observe the flow of our thoughts Also perhaps someone enjoys the drop down menu or just doesn't care but for me it would be better the way I've described. It might be in preferences that the user changes this to his needs (Drop down/Linear).

Meanwhile I've been thinking about it and made this scheme for hot keys assignement that IMHO would be the most logical for users and easy to remember:

2 or 3 keys and you can quickly change the snapping value, without single mouse move or click.
    As I said I swap the snapping often so I really would welcome this option.

Any suggestions welcome guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No need to apologize Runcell. I could have expressed it clearly. It's not actually ¨changing the editing resolution¨ as I named it but rather ¨changing the snapping quantization value¨ as you wrote

shortcuts would be lovely indeed.. i find myself switching alot as well
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Improvement proposal and the link to this thread has been sent to Propellerhead

nice, lets see if they'll respond to it :P
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Thread Information