Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exported track shifted on timeline.

When exporting a track from R8.3 and dropping it back to the mix I found that sometimes it's rendered exact, sometimes shifted forward 1/32th note, sometimes even 1/16th.
    Yes, the snapping I have set ON to 1 bar and no I couldn't move it by mistake.
    Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Attached Images Attached Images

Its probably because you've exported from Bar 1.0.0.

Try shifting the whole arrangement along by 4 bars, so that the song starts at bar 5.

Starting a song from bar 1. Can sometimes cause a slight delay/glitch.

EDit- it's the same with all DAWs. A computer needs a few milliseconds to think about and do.. If that makes sense.
    Last edited by Runcell; 08-02-2015 at 08:17 AM.

It happened even when exported vocals tracks only starting at bar 5
    It has never hapenned to me in version 7.
    Besides, if the computer needs more time before actual exporting you can see ¨precalculation¨ message.
    And I made many changes to the tracks and exported many times and always with different shifting. Why does it once export acuratelly, secondly 1/16th (resp. 1/32th) shifted? The arrangement was all the time the same.
    Strange... The worst is if you don't notice this (unless you zoom in a lot) and cannot understand what went wrong with your music that it's out of sync suddenly and you don't know about this ¨feature¨

Strange.. I'm not 8.3 yet so I can't try it out.

I assume you had your Left locator at bar 5 when you exported ? And the cursor as well.

I tried on my pc and there is no problem. but sometime when I working with a friend on line. he send me bounced track with this little shift, like you . I noticed that happened when there was a format change like mp3 to wave. Then I think that may come from a conversion in the bit rate or sample rate. It's only a idea. may be can you verify that?

and now I tried to ad a plugin on the original track before export it. I ad ozone for the test because the latency is verry big and when I import it I find like you the shift between the two tracks. may be there is the source of the problem.
    in this case if you don't want remove the plugin who cause the latency you may buy
    https://shop.propellerheads.se/produ...-sample-delay/
    this plugin is verry usefull for correcting all latency problems between diffrent tracks
    Last edited by brandtkalk; 08-02-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runcell View Post
    Strange.. I'm not 8.3 yet so I can't try it out.

I assume you had your Left locator at bar 5 when you exported ? And the cursor as well.
    Yes Runcell, the Left locator is at 5th bar. The cursor position is not relevant in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by brandtkalk View Post
    I tried on my pc and there is no problem. but sometime when I working with a friend on line. he send me bounced track with this little shift, like you . I noticed that happened when there was a format change like mp3 to wave. Then I think that may come from a conversion in the bit rate or sample rate. It's only a idea. may be can you verify that?
    To mp3 I export only final mastered mixdown. And that I even don't do in Reason but in Soundforge. When I export a track that I need to bring back into mix I export it to wav 44.1/24.
    This shifting happens directly (Reason to wav, wav back in the mix). No additional processes come in. And as I said this is new in 8.3. Version 7 have never had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by brandtkalk View Post
    and now I tried to ad a plugin on the original track before export it. I ad ozone for the test because the latency is verry big and when I import it I find like you the shift between the two tracks. may be there is the source of the problem.
    in this case if you don't want remove the plugin who cause the latency you may buy
    https://shop.propellerheads.se/produ...-sample-delay/
    this plugin is verry usefull for correcting all latency problems between diffrent tracks
    I use Ozone maximizer but not when mixing. No master bus setup at all. This I use after all is done, then I export whole song into one wav and premaster it in Reason. But there's only 1 track on the timeline and I have almost 0 latency even with IRC set on 2. My machine is powerful enough to handle it.
    But the VMG sample delay looks interesting anyway. Didn't even know about it. Thanks for the tip!

Most strange is that if I repeat the same process I get different results. Sometimes it's exact, sometimes shifted so I assume it can be some bug. If more users have experienced the same then it's sure it's a bug. So far it can be only my issue but I don't know what's the cause. Anyway when I know about it, it's enough to be careful, zoom in the track, compare it with the original track and correct it manually.

Thread Information