Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well be putting the speaker shelves together tonight while watch the first game the nfl season and tommarow install them on the desk top.

Ok here is some pictures of the desk so far, still need to install the peg boards on the left and right ends. Also in the coming soon I will be getting a Mac Pro older 5,1 which will move the computer off the desk.

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job. This looks like a great work space.

Thanks! Ya there is lot of room and storage and I love the keyboard tray, there when you need it out of the way when you don't and most of all no cables all over the place.

Great desk Matt, nice job ! Also for what purpose are you goind to use that room, recording, producing, mastering ? All of them ?

Don't know your room layout but you should try to move that right monitor from the corner Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Don't know your room layout but you should try to move that right monitor from the corner Matt
    I mix in my Sony MDR-V6 Headphones. The desk is in a loft and there is no way I could get the room anywhere close to tuned, my monitors are for just monitoring anything I play and my Mac. Learning my headphones made life so much easier and a hell of a lot cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    or get some acoustic treatment
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post

HaHaHa just think that stuff would cost more than my Sony MDR-V6's and still do nothing for me, maybe foam would look cool LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    Acoustic treatment is of course really important. But before get in there a good placement of the listening position should be considered.

Usually before treating a room you want to try various monitors placement in the room and make measurements. Once you found the best result then you can start focusing on your room treatment.

Before that i was working in a untreated room and it was impossible for me to work with the monitors, i couldn't trust them and make any decision and i was therefore always using my headphones instead but it was very fatiguing when working on long sessions...

Since i get to another room that i totally treated with results of a margin +5/-5db on the whole frequency spectrum range and placed my monitors meticulously i can tell you that i never had to put my headphone again..It's a totally different world, it's like going from a 2D video game to a 3D one. My only regret here is that i didn't make that room long time before.
    Last edited by Voyager; 12-01-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Thread Information