A fixed "Cable Parking Bay" beside the rack

Sometimes its very awkward to connect a cable from the bottom of the rack to the top if you have a huge rack with many many devices.
    Hold the mouse a long time and scroll and scroll and scroll .........
    I have a feature suggestion for that. A fixed "Cable Parking Bay" beside the rack. (with a couple of slots)
    1. Connect the "Source" to the "Cable Parking Bay" (with an automated description tag of the source)
    2. Now you can release the Mouse button and scroll to the destination of the connection.
    3. Pick up the cable again from the "Cable Parking Bay" and connect it to the destination.

Helpful? What do you thing?

You can just OPT click the Fold button and all the devices will Fold then open Unfold the devices you want to work with or drag the two devices you want to
    work with to an empty rack space and work with them there. Another way to avoid your problem is to make rack spaces for each type of instrument and track groups.

Your idea is interesting though.

or you can alt click and you get a menu showing routing destinations.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Yes, i know these workarounds but i prefer the analog wiring method.
    The ctr+RMB flip out lists and sub lists are sometimes helpful but if you use more than 30 devices it can be confusing if the devices not well named before. It can be a brake in the creative process.
    My idea is an alternitive way and more intuitive from my point of view.
    Also you can parking "to do later" cable connections and store it with the song

Quote Originally Posted by Der-Axiomator View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Yes, i know these workarounds but i prefer the analog wiring method.
    The ctr+RMB flip out lists and sub lists are sometimes helpful but if you use more than 30 devices it can be confusing if the devices not well named before. It can be a brake in the creative process.
    My idea is an alternitive way and more intuitive from my point of view.
    Also you can parking "to do later" cable connections and store it with the song
    I like the idea, that is in the philiosophy of reason. but I have difficulty to imagine the patch bay rack if they ar a lo of device. with this proplem why not a solution like left click mouse on the output of a machine and an other key to selectthe right navigatore and move in it tho the wanted place? there is also some HAMU RE solutions but they work only with cv.
    ANYWAY I mu curiouse to see you ifea because like you some time it's really boring to move kilometers up and down between racks

My imaginationen of the "cable parking bay" is not realizable with an rack extension because then it moves within the whole rack if you're scrolling .
    It must stay on a fixed place near or hovering over the rack (maybe semi transparent) (only visible if the rear side of the rack is on)
    It must be a native feature programed by the propellerheads.
    Cable_Parking_Bay01.jpg
    Last edited by Der-Axiomator; 11-05-2015 at 09:30 PM.

My imaginationen of the "cable parking bay" is not realizable with an rack extension because then it moves within the whole rack if you're scrolling .
    It must stay on a fixed place near or hovering over the rack (maybe semi transparent) (only visible if the rear side of the rack is on)
    It must be a native feature programed by the propellerheads.

YES that shoud be great .
    I needed a moment to understand you pix but know I see.
    this patchbay need the two connectics CV and audio and certainly an auto labelling wint the names of the outs or in from wish rack and wish output or input.
    good Idea to be developped but verry good idea

Hi Brandtkalk, yes that's right. I thing the people will love this little helper and i hope the Propellers will implement this feature. From my point of view it's no rocket science

Hi Brandtkalk, yes that's right. I thing the people will love this little helper and i hope the Propellers will implement this feature. From my point of view it's no rocket science
    Yesss I hope Matt will read this thread. because there is also a big question about all the user's sugestions
    how can we do to communicate it all to the propellerhead's devellopers?
    (without boring them )

Thread Information