Question Where are the recorded Audio Files?

So I just bought Reason 8 super stoked coming from other DAW's. First thing I wanted to figure out is where are the recorded audio files being stored? and why are they not saved in the songs folder? (Multitrack Recording Sessions)
    Are they not .WAV files like every other DAW?
    There's a bunch of crap on the scratch disc that I can bounce to .wav but that's so inefficient for DAW projects.
    Please tell me I don't have to bounce tracks to .wav every time. I would be pissed.
    Am I trippin or what? It can't be that bad..

I'm getting used to the process of the new Reason and how it stashes the audio files for later bouncing to single tracks and it's a great way of producing, especially for my rap projects, I love it. I'm not mainly using it for doing live band multitrack recording but I was hoping it would have been an ideal DAW for any scenario. Having to bounce an entire festival of bands would and will suck. A suggestion to developers, have the option to save tracks as raw .WAV. I mean there is a template for 16 track recording sessions...

I have the same question.....Totally can't find my recording folder....strange politic of Reason??? and looking in google can't find the ansfer....

Everything is in the Reason Song File for easy and quick saving and sharing. Press F8 and the choose Song Samples and from there you can export very easily. Also there is the File/Bounce Mixer Channels which is very powerful both allow you to save the files where you want. The great thing about this is you do not copy or paste files possible screwing up the files in the song. It really is a great way to works as you always know everything is in the ReasonSong File so you just open it up and bounce anything the way you want to where you want and never have to look any further then the Reason Song File. I find this to be the best hassle free way to get stems out of my songs compared to having to look for the file folder and then the files I need. But to each their own right

Thread Information