Online mix and master

I have some Reason-songs that need a "final touch" on the mixing e.g to get levels on the voices correctly adjusted. I want to send it to someone that can mix (and master), but no-one takes Reason files, they all want single tracks or a ProTools-session. I've sent "single tracks" to mixers before, but I'd rather just send over the Reason-file.

Anyone know of a company that does mix and master and can take Reason-tracks?

You can bounce the tracks any way you want. FILE/Bounce Mixer Channels

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You can bounce the tracks any way you want. FILE/Bounce Mixer Channels
    Sure, and I have done that before. But I'd rather just send over one big Reason-file.

Also; when I've sent over files before I've usually had to turn off processing, effects and everything -- and the end result have often been very far from what it sounded like in Reason.

When sending out files for others to mix the way you want even if the person has Reason they will still have to have all the Rack Extension and Refills you used and this is the same for all DAW's as they would have to have all VST/AU plugins used. So you must make a choice on how you want to bounce the tracks or learn how to mix everything yourself which really is not that hard to do if you want to do it. You are in the right place to learn how that's for sure

Yeah if you're looking to do it yourself then Matt has some great videos on doing just that. :-) If you're talking about professional mixing engineers and or mastering engineers, then I would suspect they would only take the individual tracks for mixing or a stereo mixdown for mastering.

If you weren't looking for professional results then you might find people in this forum who could take a look at your reason files and improve on them for you.....I'm enjoying the mixing and mastering process as a hobby using Reason myself and would kill for some mixing material in Reason format but in reality most will provide all the individual tracks in WAV format.

Cheers.....Andrew

Tried my best mixing myself, and I get to the point where it sounds OK on my monitors -- but it does not sound good if I listen in my living room or PC speakers. And I get very quickly lost when trying to figure out which frequencies overlap each other and what to EQ. So I've come to the conclusion that I have to "outsource" to get any further.

Since my music probably sounds terrible to anyone besides myself, I find it a bit hard to ask someone to "take a shot at it". It feels a bit better if I could hire someone.

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff View Post
    Tried my best mixing myself, and I get to the point where it sounds OK on my monitors -- but it does not sound good if I listen in my living room or PC speakers. And I get very quickly lost when trying to figure out which frequencies overlap each other and what to EQ. So I've come to the conclusion that I have to "outsource" to get any further.

Since my music probably sounds terrible to anyone besides myself, I find it a bit hard to ask someone to "take a shot at it". It feels a bit better if I could hire someone.

You should take some time and watch the Learn the Mixer in Reason and Learn How To Mix series they have helped out 1000's of people and I am teaching the same stuff people go to school for but it's all free and explained in a way that is super easy to understand. If you choose not to learn then you are going to be sacrificing some of your creativity for sure. There is never better time then now to learn something new and believe me it's easy and fun to learn. Start with the Mixer series if you do and I along with many others will be here to help you.

Thread Information