To do or not to do?

Thinking about buying this filter.
    p17c59kpukl2h1o9po2p1ovh1vgu3.jpg
    I'm having this idea it will make my tracks sound cleaner, less muddy en heavier on the low end, since subbass and kickdrum, the latter in a lesser extent though, are very prominent in the DnB tracks I make.
    What are your thoughts? Added value?
    https://shop.propellerheads.se/produ...analog-filter/

No one device can do this. The only way to clean up your mix and give clarity to your mix that will allow you to finally sculpt the sound you want is to learn how the mixer works and learn how to mix, there are no short cuts and this is the truth.
    So many people have taken the time to learn and over and over again I have them thanking me for helping them. The key here is you can only help yourself to bring out the mix engineer in you.

Learn The Mixer in Reason - Learn How to Mix

If you have already learned stuff then you will know the mixer in Reason already has a great low pass filter but with that said the AF-4 will have a different sound to it. Try it and see if you like it.

Thanks Matt.
    You just saved me €19,-
    I should buy you a drink or two

+1 to what Matt said :-) Also might be worth checking your monitoring setup to make sure it reaches the frequency range to allow you to hear the lows.

You can't mix what you can't hear. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by amacca View Post
    +1 to what Matt said :-) Also might be worth checking your monitoring setup to make sure it reaches the frequency range to allow you to hear the lows.

You can't mix what you can't hear. :-)

Thread Information