Importing Figure files to Reason8 & waiting to upgrade to 9

Hi, firstly, can I import Figure mixes into Reason 8 with full functionality... Midi + instrumenta etc.. Or do they import like a single track of mixed audio? Secondly, is it worth upgrading to 8 or ahould I wait for 9? Any clues as to when 9 is coming? I'm on 7 at the moment... Thanks

I believe figure gives yiu wav formats, but im not entirely sure. Never really used it actually, just something ive read. Not that it makes a whole lotta sense though..

On the r8 upgrade, id suggest demoing it. Ive tried the beta, but wasnt so impressed that I feel the need to upgrade. Im stil on 7 and it serves me well.
    Only big thing is thr convelution reverb and maybe the kuassa amps, which sounded really good. But to be fair, I use alot of distortion for coloring purposes, and the devices I currently use suffice well enough..

But, some people swear by the new browser.

Im just gonna wait it out and see what r9 will bring

Not sure if this was ever answered but figure files import as audio wavs. Being able to import as midi at the very least would be totally rad and would give me persinnally one massive reason, (hur hur), to upgrade to the next version.
    Also adding support for DXT plugins... but that will mess with the Reason business model so I wouldn't expect that anytime soon. Figure - midi import - awesomeness

Thread Information