Getting audio into reason from non rack extension device (Pianoteq)

hi,

I'm newly getting to grips with reason - i'm a pianist and guitarist and one of the things I have struggled with so far is getting a piano sound i'm happy with.

I've just come across pianoteq which is software that models piano sounds and it is absolutely incredible and i definitely want it - i've downloaded the free trial version which i'm playing with at the moment.

The problem is figuring out how (if?) i can use this in reason - it's available as a VSU to use with other DAWs but also as standalone software which is what i've downloaded as a trial version and am running on my MAC.

My question is, is there a way of routing audio that is playing on my laptop into reason as a track?

Hope all that makes sense - as i say, i'm pretty new at this but would greatly appreciate any help

Thanks!

Andrew

You can use MidiHost.

Also, HD refills actually has a really good piano refill!
    I dont use pianos often, but when I do I use theirs.

Reason's pianos dobt sound organic rnough..

Routing vst is an option, but nithing beats a good refill (staying in the reason territory)

Thanks both - good food for thought.

Osmose - I've spent a bit of time trying different piano sounds both within and outside of reason and all i can say is that once i tried pianoteq i knew that is what i want to use, so figuring out the most sensible way of doing that is my next job but the question of which piano tool i want to use i now feel sure about.

I've found a similar thing with guitar - after trialling and searching a bit i know i want to use the positive grid BIAS amp and FX - another VST, though this time obviously not midi which presents a different issue to above.

I may carry this line of thought on in the Rewire section as it probably makes more sense there now the topic has expanded a bit...

Ye indeed, do what suits you best.
    Dont know what all the options are in terms if sending audio both ways. Its been quite a while since I had reason along side another daw..

Thread Information