Learn How To Mix Electronic Music - Convert Reason 4 Song

Starting July 4th a new series begins, this is going to be a good one and tons of fun for sure. Here is the tutorial page for it.

Nice mix topic, since alot of mix tips and tricks ussually focus on the general "acoustic" recordings.

If i may add, a big, big, big thing i find in "electronic" music/-mixing is the focus on sound design, wich in my opinion goes hand in hand with the mixing phase.
    Some emphasis on this wouldnt fall out of place i reckon.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

I agree that sound design is part of music making but I think it stops there and mixing is totally separate, I know people like to think they are sound designing when mixing but I do not. I like to separate the two and keep each phase what it is and not let them leak into each other and the reason is it helps me do a better job in each phase and I believe this is a great fundamental. Adding some effects in the mixing stage is not sound design to me it is mixing and we are just using effects to help define elements in the song....there is a fine line here though and we could debate this for ever

Did you know Os you are a Reason Master, I think you are the only one, I am not even a Master and to think there is just Guru and God left.

Fully understandable. Just a matter of personal preference i gues.
    Everybody there own, which i fully respect. You'll probably do a good video once again
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Matt,
    What makes this series different from the previous one (Heart of the Nebula)? I thought it was electronic as well? Also how many requests do you get from people to mix and explain their song? Any plans for advanced mixing tutorial? Cheers!

ARTL

Quote Originally Posted by ARTL View Post
    Matt,
    What makes this series different from the previous one (Heart of the Nebula)? I thought it was electronic as well? Also how many requests do you get from people to mix and explain their song? Any plans for advanced mixing tutorial? Cheers!

ARTL
    There are close to a 100 genre types in Electronic and the first one was IMHO not the same type of song that we will be doing next. Also this series will be showing how to convert a huge Reason 4 Song file to Reason 9 and the VSSL. Also this song has lots of unique things in mixing that we will go over. I get people asking to listen and look over their songs a lot, I mostly tell them to just post a link here so we all can listen. I am not sure what you mean by advanced could you be more specific please?

Thread Information