Routing forum inc. sticky for headphone cue + creating FX channels?

^^^ not sure where to ask about different kinds of headphone cue setups and how to create an FX channel so that l can route many devices through an existing subset of a few FX units.

The infamous barely audible video! I've seen that before (have yet to actually hear anything though).

Seriously though, thanks for the reminder for that video. I can hear some of it, but l cannot reproduce what he's doing.

I am able to toggle FX via the mixer at least, but l cannot seem to find a way of toggling Headphone Cue + Send FX via a mixer.

I need a Headphone Cue channel that l can Rewire into Reaper by the way.

Cracked it, thanks :)

Hi l've figured it out now. The solution is to use the FX sends in the SSL Mixer as FX sends. For headphone cueing, use the Control Room dial and mute / unmute the individual channels to stop them going to main speaker.

Of course, you'll have to route the Main Out and Control Room out to your soundcard's outputs on the Master Section (the big device at the top left of the default Reason screen).

It's just not possible to patch audio through the FX buses to headphone cue / speaker outs AND use the FX buses for actual effects routing. To many self-contradictions in that model.

You could try switching in and output on the same channel by using a 6:2 mixer.
    Set one channel (ch 1 for instance) to mute so ch2 gets trough. Then when you hit solo on ch1, ch 2 gets muted.
    This way you can toggle both with one button.

Or have 2 6:2's in a combinator, go into the combinators programming and just have both 6:2's outputs routed directly into reasons i/o. (So dont route both outputs back into the conbinators out's)
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    You could try switching in and output on the same channel by using a 6:2 mixer.
    Set one channel (ch 1 for instance) to mute so ch2 gets trough. Then when you hit solo on ch1, ch 2 gets muted.

Or have 2 6:2's in a combinator, go into the combinators programming and just have both 6:2's outputs routed directly into reasons i/o. (So dont route both outputs back into the conbinators out's)

Hi there Osmose, is there any way you could possibly describe this step by step?

For example, l don't know how to do:

"switching in and output on the same channel"
    "go into the combinators programming and just have both 6:"'s outputs routed directly into reasons i/o"

By "switching in and output on the same channel" i meant this:

route two devices/ sounds/ audio sources you want to a 6:2 mixer:
    Set one channel (ch 1 for instance) to MUTE so ch2 gets trough (to the 6:2's out). Then when you hit solo on ch1, ch 2 gets muted.

The other option "go into the combinators programming and just have both 6:2's outputs routed directly into reasons i/o" "is a b it more complicated, but still pretty easy:

Set up a combinator and drop 2 6:2 mixers in there.

Then get two audio sources you want, and route one source in 1 mixer.
    Then make sure both mixers do NOT route back into the combinator, but route them seperatly to reason's I/O (the big grey thing waaay above in your rack were different in and outputs are numbered.

Still i have the feeling its not exactly what your looking for.

Admittetly i havent checked matt video on this (probably have in the past though) so ill have a further look
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

Thread Information