Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

after installing reason 9 i get (Cannot install template song)

rest of the message is:

Cannot write template songs to your music folder.

Make sure your music folder is correctly set up. No template songs will be available in this session.

Any ideas please?

Set up another folder, could be a permission - write issue.
    Dependand in yoir computer knowledge, either try a new folder, or dive into folder permissions
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

All Template songs are in a folder. Goto File/New From Template/ Show Template Folder

Now you should see all your Reason Song Templates, if not make new Templates and save them to the Templates folder. Now they will show up in the list in Reason and you can open them up. If you have some how lost all the default Templates let me know and I will upload them for you to download into your Templates folder.

I get the operation could not be completed because of a write problem when looking for this file. Creating new template did not work unless I did it in wrong location?

You can just set up your template (devices etc you wanna start off with) and save it as a normal file in any location. Then just go into reasons preferences and set up your file as the start up template.

Ive never ever saved anything in reasons folder, everything always has been on seperate hd's, including templates and patches.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

folks I know there is a way I can store template songs somewhere else but would like to stop this error message from appearing everytime I load reason. Also when I go to file / template songs to get rid of the write error message. Any further tips greatly appreciated.

Why not just reinstall Reason?

sorry should have mentioned I did try that and deleted previous versions

The reason you are getting that message is because you have Reason to start with a Template song. Goto Reason/Preferences/Default Song and change it to Empty Song. Then once you have setup your Template Song folder you can than choose one of them to start with.

even doing this I can't get to the template song folder as I get the message "Write Problem - The operation could not be completed because of a write problem"

Thread Information