Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    okay, this is my first attempt at mixing. hopefully a bit more balanced, thanks!

EDIT: thanks for the heads up! I might be at a loss until I can get better headphones. hopefully this version is better
    Last edited by Neon_Babylon; 10-14-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Ok first let me say you need to check out our Help forum to learn how to post SoundCloud, you can embed it in the post. http://www.reasonforums.com/forumdis...-and-Site-News

I like your music but the mix is living heavily in the low/mids with very little separation of the elements. Two things... what are you using to monitor your mix with and how long have you been using it? If you can not hear the frequencies you will not be able to get a good mix. Again I like the music really, the goal is to help you be as good at mixing as you are at writing

wow thanks man! Unfortunately i only own a windows tablet with gas station headphones haha. but now that i know about the sennheisers on amazon i plan on getting them asap. i often make a mix and then play it in my car from my phones aux cables. so its a process.. Thanks again for the kind words. Very encouraging. Im uploading to soundcloud but its taking awhile. Heres the current version version via youtube:
    Last edited by Neon_Babylon; 10-14-2016 at 05:10 PM.

I see why your having problem mixing then. I reckon i'ts gonna advance quite a bit if you get some decent headphones in your case.

Look at this way; you cant paint a proper painting (not talking about abstract stuff) when your 90% visually impared. Just saying..
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

still mixing on the crappy phones. I think this is closer, but again I have no idea yet. Really just like making music. Good news though, my friend said i could borrow his soon, so thats good. hopefully some worthy updates soon.

stil aint there if im honest

But i'd recommend to just go and make some tracks, then just leave them till you get some decent headphones and mix them then. Patience is a virtue, but in the haze of exitement we dont always make the best choices

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    stil aint there if im honest

But i'd recommend to just go and make some tracks, then just leave them till you get some decent headphones and mix them then. Patience is a virtue, but in the haze of exitement we dont always make the best choices
    That's deep

nah, its fact mate.. haha

Thread Information