Cool Kong as a overall master effect

someone please explain which cables to hook up after i initialize kong fresh i wanna use the bus fx and master fx on bottom right as a master effect which cables do i need to hook up to activate this please explain in detail thanks and just to be clear im speakin on the main master effect not the master effect within kong cuz i want to use the effect i put in kong on the whole entire master track
    Last edited by therealdstef; 10-18-2016 at 05:43 AM.

I've created a simple patch for you, demonstrating it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0p8li8

As far as explaining:

- First, open Kong's extra effects tab at the bottom left ("show drum and fx")
    - Route the input into the jacks on the left ("Audio input")
    - Use the "Main audio out" as an output (Kong's standard outputs)

No what ive done here (in insert fx):

Since you want to effect you entire track you might want it BEFORE your mastering chain, which is the best way to go for a variety of reason's.
    In order to do this, use the master section's insert fx "To Devices" jacks to route it into the kong, so the entire mix goes into kong before the rest of your chain.
    Then route Kong's output to the rest of your chain as usual.

You can also save this patch as a combinator patch, loading it in the master section when ever needed.
    You know, the master section's insert section behaves just as the combinator 2.0 as in the mixer channels.
    SoundCloud/ Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quiet to mind, you're not quit the mind" - Arcturus Ra -

I dont wanna use it as a master insert i want it seperate because i use it for mastering patches i like to add the filter effect to entire mix but want to avoid the master insert for that reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you would have to route all your mixer channel to a new subbus, and insert it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    Then you would have to route all your mixer channel to a new subbus, and insert it in there.
    please explain fully how to do this

select al your mixer channels in the mixer window (hold ctrl while clicking everyone of them, one by one), right click "route to new bus", this creates a new sub bus were now all channels are routed to, before this new bus goes into the main mixers output.
    So by doing this you can insert, or route anything to the entire track, before it goes into the master out thus leaving you with an empty master fx inserts unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    select al your mixer channels in the mixer window (hold ctrl while clicking everyone of them, one by one), right click "route to new bus", this creates a new sub bus were now all channels are routed to, before this new bus goes into the main mixers output.
    So by doing this you can insert, or route anything to the entire track, before it goes into the master out thus leaving you with an empty master fx inserts unit.
    wowwwwwwwww that was so easy lmao i cant believe i aint thought of that much appreciated

haha no worries

Busses are lovely though.. Recommend using them anyhow, for routing all your drums, bass or vocals. You can also route a sub bus to another sub bus and so on.

Cool y

yup i know all about combining channels with bus routes but i just never thought of doin it with all of em and i didnt even know it was possible to do em all at once but again thanks alot def helped me out

aah, fair enough

Thread Information