Angry Why can't I sidechain?Youtube tutorials are no help

Hi gang,

On all the youtube tutorials I've watched about using a compressor plugin for side chaining, they always direct you to click on the side chain/key input button at the top of your compressor display.

My problem is I don't have one. I have been using audio plugins for about 20 years now, and have NEVER ever, no matter what sort of plugin, what sort of program, what sort of operating system, etc. ever had any options to choose from where I have placed the pink X in the screenshot below like they instruct you to use in the tutorials.

Anyone know why this is? What have I got set up wrong?

compressor.jpg

I'm confused. Why are you asking about side chaining with a plugin that isn't from reason in a reason forum. I mean, I could show you where the side chain input is on the mclass compressor or the SSL virtual mixer, but I have no idea what I'm looking at in the screen shot you provided.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh dear, looks like I've signed up to the wrong forum. But it really doesn't matter that the plugin isn't from Reason, my problem is still the same.

You can side-chain right from in the VSSL.

Thread Information