Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

problem while comp editing in 9

I have recorded an audio track in loop mode and did about 6 takes.
    When i go into the comp editor and use the speaker tool, the volume is abour 1/3 of what i get when playing it back. The level on each take is maxed out and still no volume...again it's fine during play back. I really want the volume to be the same level as playback.
    Any advise on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Satch

Might be that it is playing the raw,recording in stead of the recording running with processing on playback?
    Try " normalizing" the take first, then gain stage it back a few db

Or record using higher input volume

Quote Originally Posted by Osmose View Post
    Might be that it is playing the raw,recording in stead of the recording running with processing on playback?
    Try " normalizing" the take first, then gain stage it back a few db

Or record using higher input volume
    Thanks, Osmose for you help. What I see in the Reason 9 documentation is that normalization takes place after you've edited the various takes in comp mode.
    Can I normalize each take? The problem I'm having is that I can't hear the audio in the various takes well enough to edit them.

My mic is connected using Steinberg UR22mkII. The output knob controls output to line output (phone jacks) I'm connected to my computer using USB and the output doesn't seem to apply.

Thanks again.
    Satch

Try normalizing the clip outside of comp mode, might just do the trick

Thread Information